RUSMET is happy to announce the 9th International Forum "Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap Metals" which is the Europe's biggest event for scrap metals market. The forum took place on 20-21 February 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
The forum welcomed scrap suppliers (exporters), scrap procurement and processing companies, consumers – metallurgical plants and mini-mills from Russia and other countries, scrap importers, scrap processing and handling equipment manufacturers and traders, shipping and logistics operators, analysts, financiers, representatives of industrial associations, and officials.
The event is annually attended by over 400 delegates from over 30 countries: Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, UK, Germany, France, Turkey, UAE, Belarus, China, Japan, Spain, Italy, S. Korea, Netherlands, Lithuania, Latvia, Iran, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, India, Singapore, Indonesia, USA, Norway, Greece, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Vietnam, Uzbekistan, Estonia, Moldova, Mauritius, Afghanistan.
All Russian exporters of scrap metals attend the forum.
- Albert Ischenko - President, NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF SCRAP PROCCESSORS; CEO, MITSAR, Russia
- Prof. Dr. Farouk Tedjar - President, RECUPYL, France
- Vladimir Terlovoy - Chief Analyst, METALCOURIER, Russia
- Sergei Slauta - Director for Automation of Technical Processes, NLMK, Russia
- Pieter Kuiper - Project Manager, AUTO RECYCLING NEDERLAND (ARN), Netherlands
- Nikolai Kasianov - CEO, PROMTSVETMET, Russia
- Joseph C. Pickard - Chief Economist and Director of Commodities, ISRI, USA
- Jarek Mlodziejewski - Analyst, THE STEEL INDEX, UK
- Maxim Nikolaev - Vice President, THIRD ROME, Russia
- Ved Prakash - Director. Steel Division, GEMINI CORPORATION, Belgium
- Kirill Zhilyaev - Chief Analyst , EVRAZ HOLDING, Russia
- Victor Zemlyanyh - Head of Strategic Analysis Department, METALLOINVEST, Russia
- Peter Mathews - Chairman and Managing Director, BLACK COUNTRY METALS, UK
- Ksenia Karpman - Research Analyst, CRU INTERNATIONAL, UK
- Nikolai Zapuskalov- Owner , SIDKO, Australia
- Sergey Frolov - Investor Relations Director, INDUSTRIAL METALLURGICAL HOLDING, Russia
- Scott Newell - CEO, THE SHREDDER CO, USA
- Andrey Moiseenko - BIR Ferrous Division Board Member, Ukrmet, Ukraine
Format of the event
Format of the event: presentations, top managers' session, panel discussions, field trip, exhibition, reception.
Speakers and Discussion Parties of the Forum
- Russian steel producers (NLMK, EvrazHolding, Metalloinvest, Industrial Metallurgical Holding)
- Government Bodies (Ministry of Industry and Trade RF, Duma (the Parliament) RF)
- Overseas suppliers (Gemini Corporation – a company from Belgium, exporting 250 thousand mt per year)
- Independent scrap metal collecting and recycling companies
- Russian and foreign automotive producers and automotive parts suppliers
- Information and analysis companies (CRU, The Steel Index, ISRI, Metal-Courier, Rusmet)
- Associations of professionals (BIR, Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Ruslom.com)
- Equipment producers (Sennebogen Maschienenfabrik, Metso Lindemann, Instrument-Specter, The Shredder Co.)
- Banks (Alfa-Bank, Inteza)
Top Topics of the Forum
Recession. Overcoming Recession.
- Forecast for ferrous scrap balance in CIS countries till 2020.
- How much players will go out of the market in 2013? Some talk about 20%, some about 30%. Is it truly so desperate or it has hidden growth potential?
- When starving for a long time and then stop, in the next days one eats more than used to eat while the same period. Will it happen with Russian scrap consumers? What will be market growth in 2013? Is it worth staying in scrap business any more? Sale of business.
- Analysis of scrap metal markets in USA, EU, South East Asia, particularly in China and India (China forms its own delegation to take part in the February Forum); influence to Russia; forecast of world’s steel industry development in 2013.
- Impact from Russia’s entry to WTO: will Russian producers be able to hold up the market?
- Investment projects: presentation of fresh commissioned and perspective projects.
- Financial service for the industry: instruments in Russia for non-public companies, involvement of foreign investors.
- Experience exchange: the best Russian and European practice.
- Key events in the industry: the last year and future expectations.
- Logistics of supplies: railway, maritime and river shipments.
- Labour Productivity and Production Efficiency: modernization of the industry (new technologies, equipment, energy efficiency).
Price Doesn't Matter?
Part one. Forecast for Purchasing Policy of Steel Mills.
- Scrap shortage in Central Russia, caused by start of two new mills: near Kaluga and near Saratov (Balakovo). It is obvious that only Kaluga mill is enough to pull over all scrap available from Moscow region. How scrap flows will change and what is to compensate the shortage at the traditional destinations?
- Perspectives for Russian steel mills: forecast for domestic and export steel consumption. Is China a challenge for Russian mills?
- Commissioning EAF production in Tumen – which regions are likely to supply it?
- Overview for scrap by Federal regions (of Russia).
- Far East–Close Problems? What is about special railway tariffs to Far East. Will Amurmetall revive and will independent scrap collectors be alive?
Part Two. Scrap Pricing “On Land”.
- Interaction with individuals. Interaction with pensioners, reasonability of cancellation of income tax for individuals.
- Problems of consumers: polling results.
- How and why scrap prices jack up on land? Discussion with industry leaders: producers, suppliers, traders.
Return of Car Recycling Program.
- Fulfillment of the Government Act “About Recycling of Motor Vehicles”.
- Arguments of Russian government for ecological nature of recycling fee, which has been protested by WTO partners.
- Practical steps to build complex automotive recycling system in Russia and how it works: from payments to individuals for a car brought for recycling to construction of new capacities for glass and plastic recycling. Construction of RDF facilities–cooperation with cement producers. Interaction of automotive manufacturers with Russian scrap recyclers.
- Position of Russian Automotive Manufacturers’ Association.
- Position of European Business Association.
- Participation of Ruslom.com members and independent recyclers in the car recycling program.
Impact of Amendments to the Federal Act #89-FZ “On Production and Consumption Wastes” dd. 24.06.1998
- Amendments to the Federal Act #89-FZ “On Production and Consumption Wastes” dd. 24.06.1998 and to other laws of Russian Federation concerning economic impact on wastes and scrap operations which will be adopted in the beginning of 2013.
- Participation of Russian scrap recyclers in the process.
- Forming new market opportunities.
Positioning Ruslom.com Self-Regulatory Non-Commercial Partnership in Russian Market
- Program for 2013 and engaging all scrap collectors.
- Report about the first steps of the first in Russia self-regulatory partnership in scrap industry. Contribution to building automotive recycling system in Russia.
- Fight against bureaucracy lawlessness. Government regulation and self-regulation of the industry. Scrap recyclers as responsible tax payers.
- Experience of scrap recyclers’ association in Germany with government bodies–practical recommendations for Russia.
- Technical rules and regulations in the industry.
- Professional communities and professional standards.
- Advanced training.
- HR, Staffing, head hunting.
- Occupation image–special events for youth.
- Talent search among youth, assistance and tutorage.
New Rules For Licensing Scrap Collecting
- Explanation and interpretation of the new rules ‘from the horse’s mouth’.
- Round table with representatives from regional regulatory bodies.
Field Study: business trip/excursion for foreign delegates to modern scrap recycling complexes in Moscow region
Export and Import of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap Metals
- New opportunities and restrictions in frames of WTO and the Customs Union (import and export duties).
- Trade session with foreign suppliers and buyers.
- Scrap export from North-West, Far East and South Federal Regions of Russia–comparison of profitability for local and export shipments.
Informal Communication of the Delegates from 30 Countries
- Cocktail party
- Show program