In 11 years the forum gained recognition from scrap metals recycling industry and metallurgy, and the support from its regular participants, partners, and sponsors. Every year this prestigious event gathers scrap metals recycling and trading companies, steel and non-ferrous metals manufacturers, scrap processing equipment suppliers, experts and analysts, industrial associations, and officials from Russia, CIS, and more than 37 countries.
Some figures from the forum history:
- Over 5 318 participants since 2004
- 1 025 international participants from more than 37 countries
- More than 1 100 agreement and contracts incl. international ones have been concluded
- About 900 speakers and experts
- The unique database of 23 585 business contact details has been created
- Over 30 joint decisions were made and applications to the Government were submitted
- Our collection includes about 15 000 photographs and over 1 500 presentations and speeches of the industrial and market experts
- We have awarded 60 companies with “The Best of Scrap Metals Market” prize.
One of the most meaningful results of the 2012 event was the foundation of the RUSLOM.COM association. Today the association includes 50 members which own 100% of shredder facilities, cover 80% of the territory of Russia and 60% of Russia’s scrap metals market.
Key features of the forum in 2016:
- Industrial exhibition.
- Participation of more than 600 key players of Russian and international scrap metals markets who will tell about the market development strategy and make forecasts for the next 5 years.
- Signing of the application to the Governmentnt against the ban for scrap metals export from Russia.
- Networking and meetings of Russian and international participants.
- Development and discussion of industrial standards.
- Cancellation of licencing in scrap recycling business and introduction of obligatory self regulation.
- Cancellation of the personl income tax for the individual scrap collectors.
- NEW! Investment exhibition “Scrap Metals Recycling”. The idea is attracting of investments to the scrap metals recycling business.
The exhibition sections:
- Scrap procurement and recycling
- ELV recycling
- Scrap recycling equipment
- IT for metallurgy and scrap recycling industry
- Financial and legal services for scrap recycling business
- Members of RULOM.COM association
- Press center for Russian and international media
- Photo exhibition